- Text Size +

Chapter Seven
Starting Over

“I can see why you chose this location. It’s very…secluded,” Dorian remarked as he followed Klaus along a trail in the woods behind the cabin.

Klaus nodded. “I wish I could come here more often,” he admitted, looking up at the canopy of leaves overhead. “It’s a nice change from the city.” He heard Dorian make a small noise and turned to look at him, thinking he had fallen. Instead, he was studying him with the same intensity he had in the kitchen earlier. “What?”

“Nothing,” Dorian said, shaking his head. “You just, never cease to amaze me.”

The words “you idiot” were on the tip of the officer’s tongue and he had to stop himself before he uttered them. No, the Earl was behaving himself, so he would have to as well. “The lake should be just through those trees,” he said, pointing up ahead.

The Major’s memory did not fail him and within a few minutes, they were emerging from the trees and looking down at a small lake.

“Oh, Klaus,” Dorian breathed, “it’s beautiful.” He looked around at the landscape, his eyes dancing. “If this were on canvas, I’d have it in my gallery.”

Klaus did not reply. He lit a cigarette and silently watched the other man take in the area.

“I can see why your father liked coming here,”

Klaus nodded. “I think he used to bring my mother here when they were first married.”

Dorian turned to look at him, a startled expression on his face. The last thing he expected was to hear anything on a personal level. “Do you remember your mother?” he asked tentatively. All he really knew was the Major’s mother had died when he was very young.

Klaus shook his head, turning to look back at the lake. There was a sadness in his eyes that made Dorian want to hold him in his arms. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t’ve asked.”

“’S okay.”

Dorian followed the man’s gaze and sighed. “I could stay here forever,” he breathed happily.

Klaus turned to look at the Earl. He had always enjoyed the tranquility of the area, the solitude it afforded him. He had never imagined sharing his secret escape with anyone, least of all Eroica, yet here he was doing just that.

Dorian turned to the officer, his face radiant. “Thank you for bringing me here, Klaus.” Without thinking, he planted a quick kiss on the man’s cheek. Then he froze, a stricken look on his face. “Oh, God, Klaus,” he gasped, pulling away, a hand to his mouth. “I didn’t mean…”

Klaus had to fight the panic that flashed up in him. He had to get this under control. There had been nothing sexual at all in the Earl’s peck on the cheek. He knew this intellectually and had to get past it emotionally or he’d be running for the rest of his life. “I know what you meant,” he said evenly. “’S okay.”

Dorian gave him a guilty look. “You don’t mind?”

“I…” Klaus sighed heavily. “I don’t know.”

Well, that’s a start! Dorian thought as he turned back to look at the lake again. After a few minutes, there was a rumble in the distance that caused them both to look up.

“We’d better get back,” Klaus said firmly. “’S a long walk.” He heard Dorian give a small sigh of regret and glanced over at him. He caught himself on the verge of telling him that he was welcome to come back. What the hell am I thinking? I’m trying to get rid of the bloody idiot! Shit, I’m going mad.

* * *

By the time the pair made it back to the cabin, it was pouring down rain. They tromped in the front door, having run the last several metres.

“Well,” Dorian said breathlessly, shaking his dripping hair, “that was an unexpected adventure.”

“At least no one was shooting at us,” Klaus replied as he stripped off his soaking jacket and hung it on a peg by the door.

“Christ, that rain is cold,” Dorian said as he rubbed his arms to try and warm himself. “It wasn’t this cold this morning.”

“Must be a cold front moving in.”

Klaus noticed Dorian shivering as he started toward the fireplace. “You need to get out of those wet clothes before you catch pneumonia.” He realized what he had said, and to whom he had said it, a split second after the words were out of his mouth.

Dorian saw Klaus stiffen visibly and stop dead in his tracks. He was obviously waiting for the usual sexual innuendo. I’m not taking the bait. Today was just too perfect. “Um…I know how this will sound,” Dorian began slowly, “but, I didn’t bring any clothes with me.”

Klaus turned to look at him. Then he remembered what the Earl had originally intended. Was that really only last night? He nodded toward the loft. “There’re clothes in the closet upstairs.”

“Bless you, Klaus. I’ll try not to drip too much on the wood floor,” Dorian said as he quickly went up the stairs.

“I’ll see about getting a fire started. It’s probably gonna be cold tonight.” Klaus knelt in front of the fireplace and struggled to get the flue open. After a minute, and a few choice words, he had the damper open and was placing the wood on the grate. By the time the Earl came down again, the kindling was crackling away.

“Oh, that looks promising,” Dorian sighed as he came up to stand beside the still dripping Klaus. He stood silently a moment before turning to look at him. “Thank you.”

Klaus turned sharply. “For what?”

“Everything. For giving me a chance to prove that…I’m not just out to rape you.” Dorian saw several things flash behind the dark green eyes that were staring back at him. “I love you, Klaus,” he said, hoping it would punctuate his statement.

Klaus continued to stare at him. Then he put a hand behind the Earl’s neck and drew him close, very gently kissing him on the mouth. Dorian froze, afraid to move, afraid to breathe, afraid to do anything that would break the spell.

Klaus leaned back to look at the Earl’s face. “Tell me again,” he said softly.

“I love you, Klaus.” The words were breathy and scarcely above a whisper.

Klaus drew a deep breath. “Show me.”

It was all Dorian could do not to devour him right then and there. He took the officer by the hand and led the way up the stairs stopping before the bed. He looked up at Klaus’s dripping hair and smiled, brushing it out of his face. Then he kissed him, very tenderly while running his hands over his wet shirt.

Klaus reached up to unbutton his shirt, but was stopped by the Earl, who silently shook his head before going on to do it for him, slowly. He was surprised when he saw there was no undershirt beneath. The shirttails came out and then gentle hands were caressing the officer’s shoulders, sliding the material from his body as they moved down his arms. The shirt hit the floor with a wet smack.

Dorian moved his hands to Klaus’s belt, hearing him draw a deep breath as he did so. He looked up, giving his nervous partner another tender kiss on the mouth. I’m going to take this at your pace. No scissors this time. He looked down again, unfastening the belt, and then the trousers.

Dorian closed his eyes when Klaus’s trembling hands started to rub his arms. It was all he could do not to melt on the spot. He had to struggle to concentrate on what he was doing. He slid his fingers into Klaus’s trousers and gave them a gentle push, allowing them to drop to the floor.

Taking his cue, Klaus stepped out of his shoes and trousers at the same time, closing his eyes as his underwear followed. He waited for the Earl’s remarks on his size, but they did not come as the other man continued in his silent caresses. A quick flick and his socks were off, leaving him naked. He wondered if he should undress Dorian now and the reply came as his hands were moved into position. The Earl’s shirt slid off almost of its own volition.

Within minutes, Dorian was naked before him, running his hands over him, kissing him tenderly. As soon as the Earl felt an unmistakable hardness starting to press against him, he moved slowly towards the bed. Klaus hesitated, obviously uncertain about what he was doing and why. It only took another tug on his hand and he followed.

Dorian laid down on the bed, patting the mattress beside him and waiting for the hesitant Klaus to lie down next to him. “Relax,” he whispered into the man’s ear, going on to kiss him again, moving down to his neck, then his chest. He could not help smiling as the other man drew a deep breath, his back arching automatically. Then a hand was rubbing his back, tangling in his hair. That’s it, just touch. It isn’t always about sex.

Dorian noticed Klaus’s pupils were fully dilated. The man was obviously getting aroused by all this. Dorian would’ve given his eyeteeth to just ravage the man, but that would defeat the whole purpose of the experiment. Then he felt Klaus’s body slowly relaxing, accepting what was happening. Accepting the fact that Dorian wasn’t a threat, even when he was lying naked beside him.

After half an hour, Dorian whispered, “Would you like me to show you more?”

Panic flashed across Klaus’s face. His first instinct was to say no, of course, but that would only negate the whole reason for this…experiment. He had to know, so he nodded and prepared himself for the worst. “Relax.” The word was hissed into his ear again by the warm gentle creature beside him.

Dorian got up, retrieving the box containing the lubricant. He took out a bottle of oil and put some on his hands, rubbing it on Klaus’s chest. He smiled when the response was a deep intake of breath followed by a satisfied moan. He continued to rub the oil into Klaus’s skin, moving slowly downward. Finally, he reached Klaus’s magnificent cock and took it into his oil-slicked hands. He refrained from remarking on it again for fear of embarrassing the man whom he hoped was fast becoming his lover. Klaus caught his breath, his eyes snapping open, startled by the unexpected touch.

Dorian’s wrist was suddenly caught in a very powerful grip and he stopped, looking up to see Klaus half sitting up, a panicked expression on his face. Am I going too fast? After a moment, Klaus relaxed and released his grip, lying down again; apparently satisfied that the Earl would not do anything he did not want him to.

After another minute, Klaus started to move his hips in time with Dorian’s hands, thrusting up against his downward motion. If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’d done this before, Dorian thought. He had expected Klaus to be a vocal man in bed, considering how vocal he was elsewhere, but he was surprisingly quiet. When he climaxed, it was with a deep intake of breath followed by a low moan.

As Klaus caught his breath, Dorian cleaned him off before lying down beside him again, gently kissing him on the cheek. Klaus turned to look at him, accepting a kiss on the mouth.

“I love you,” Dorian whispered.

“Then show me.”

Dorian sat up, his eyes wide. “I don’t…”

“I’ll tell you when to stop.”

Is he testing me? “Are you sure?”

“Yes. I need to know.”

Need to know what? Dorian scowled as he looked down at the other man. Then he cleared his throat and nervously asked if he meant what he thought he did. Then his eyes grew even wider when the answer was yes.

Hells bells, he is testing me, Dorian thought as Klaus started to turn onto his stomach. He got hold of himself and then moved in between Klaus’s spread legs. He could hear the man’s heavy breathing and knew it was from fear rather than arousal. I’m not going to hurt you, Klaus. Not this time.

He took more of the oil and applied it to the officer’s back. Klaus gave a low moan in response, his muscles rippling beneath the Earl’s hands. God, he’s so tense. Dorian slowly massaged the knots from Klaus’s muscles, feeling his body relax as he did so. Yes, that’s right, relax. I’m not gonna hurt you. The massage continued down the man’s back, to his bare buttocks and then down his legs.

Klaus moaned softly as the strong hands worked all the knots from his body. He found himself relaxing despite himself and was on the verge of falling asleep when he felt Dorian’s hands stroking his bare backside. A moment later, a finger was probing him from the inside. He gave a sharp, alarmed cry, his eyes snapping open.

“Relax,” Dorian said softly, one hand still stroking Klaus’s back.

“I don’t think…”

“Do you want me to stop?”

Then I’ll never know! Klaus fought himself for several seconds. Then he realized that, even though he was still impaled on Dorian’s finger, it had stopped moving. The Earl was waiting for permission to continue. “No. Don’t stop,” he said before he buried his face in a pillow.

“Klaus, not everyone enjoys this,” Dorian said firmly as he extracted his finger from the man’s body. “I’m not gonna go on just because you think you have to.”

Shit, that just makes it worse! Klaus thought helplessly. Why the hell do you have to be so good about this? Damn you, Dorian, why didn’t I just let you rape me and have done with it?

After nearly a minute, Klaus drew a deep breath. “Don’t stop,” he said firmly.

“Then you have to relax,” Dorian said equally firmly.

“I’ll try.”

Dorian thought about this and shook his head. “No, you’re not ready.”

This refusal took Klaus completely by surprise and he turned to look at the other man, his eyes wide. In the space of a day, the Earl had gone from trying to rape him this way to refusing to continue. “Now you get a bloody conscience?” he moaned, flopping back on the bed.

Dorian smiled and rose up on his knees, lying across Klaus’s back, covering his shoulders with kisses. Then he started nibbling the man’s ear.

“Stop, that tickles,” Klaus protested, moving a hand to swat him away.

“I love you, Klaus,” Dorian said calmly, sliding off his back in order to kiss him on the mouth.

Klaus gave him a steady look. “I think…I’m starting to believe you.”

* * *