- Text Size +
Epilogue- One year later.

Dorian sighed and smiled, stretching his lean body. Warm sunlight was streaming into his bedchamber, and he could hear the sounds of the birds chirping merrily outside. It was going to be a beautiful day. Slowly he allowed himself to wake up, taking in the pleasant morning in lazy relaxation until he opened his eyes.

The room was awash with golden light, beams of sunlight brightening the muted pastels and creams of his sheets and draperies. He turned his head, looking to the wall furthest from the windows and most protected from direct sunlight. This morning a stray sunbeam had lit the gilded frame of the portrait hanging there. The Man in Purple looked just as beautiful and alive in sunlight as it did in shade, but it was not so nearly as beautiful or alive as his descendant. Dorian's smile widened and he turned his gaze to the smooth, strong back of the man sharing his bed, the man who had been sharing his bed at irregular intervals as time allowed over the past six months.

He sighed and moved closer, running his hand over one powerful arm, feeling the heat of the skin beneath his fingers. Klaus muttered something and rolled to his back, but did not wake up, and Dorian took the opportunity to study his sleeping lover.

‘Lover. Klaus is my lover. Finally. And what a lover he is.’

The past year had been one of the most difficult of his life, but he would not change it. He likened it to a great quest, that, when finally completed successfully, had earned him the most precious piece of artwork ever created. He had passed through the Trials of Water, Earth, Air, Fire and Blood and received his heart's desire: Klaus Heinz von dem Eberbach.

‘Klaus would make fun of me if he knew I felt that way. Hmm, maybe I should tell him. Give him something else to tease me about.’

Lying safe, warm, and comfortable, he took the opportunity to reflect on the events of the past year.

After Klaus had left for Lisbon, he had remained at the hospital in California for another six days until his stitches were removed and the doctors declared him well enough to leave. From there, he and his men had moved to Monaco to a rented villa on the coast. His private physician said the mild salt water of the sea would help his wounds, and the balmy climate would ease his deeply bruised muscles. He spent two lazy months in convalescence, sleeping most of the day and recouping his strength. A counselor- a pleasant enough man who did his best to help the him with his demons- stayed at the villa with him as part of his therapy, routinely picking his brain and making him face the horrid reality of what had happened to him.

He was still in Monaco, trying not to give in to boredom and depression when Klaus found him. The Major had just returned from Corsica where he had been sent after the completion of the mission in Lisbon. Neither mission had been easy, and the Major had looked tired and worn out. Dorian had delighted in the distraction of cheering the dour Major up. They had a quiet week together, swimming, relaxing, and reacquainting with each other. Klaus was still uncertain and confused about his feelings, but he no longer expressed it as rage. The disgust and effrontery he felt for the Earl transmuted itself into a game of petty insults and mock anger that Dorian bore with enthusiasm. On Klaus's last night there, before he left to return to Bonn and then on to a mission in Hungary, they had shared their first kiss.

Dorian still remembered the virginal reluctance of that kiss. Klaus's mouth had been stiff at first, then the lips had parted and softened as Dorian made an effort to give the Major the kiss of his life. They had ended up clinging to each other, slightly breathless, and Klaus looking like a deer trapped in headlights. Dorian had let him go, knowing that Klaus had needed to run away just then. He came back the following morning when Dorian was lounging on a settee in the solarium of the villa. He had pretended to be asleep as the Major, carrying his coat over one arm, had bent down to lightly kiss his cheek and whisper farewell.

He didn't see Klaus again until six weeks later when he moved his team into France. From his headquarters in Lyon, he had orchestrated the theft of several paintings from various museums and galleries, but Klaus had not come because of the stolen artwork. Klaus had been between missions, waiting for reassignment, and had decided to wait in Dorian's company. His timing turned out to be perfect.

James had found a cosmetic surgeon who could remove the horrid whip scars from his back, and he was recovering from the surgery when Klaus had arrived. Delighted to see the Major, the Earl had been more than willing to allow Klaus to care for him as he waited for his incisions to heal. He discovered that Klaus was an efficient, if not abrupt nursemaid. He took evil pleasure in pushing all the Major's buttons and trying his patience until the Major lost his temper.

In the end, he had gotten what he wanted: a contrite Klaus who would lie quietly beside him and suffer his cuddling and kisses. Somehow he doubted the ordeal was all that terrible for the Major, judging by the military man's only token protests. They spent the night snuggled together in Dorian's bed. More kissing had followed and this time Klaus had not run away. Two days later NATO sent the Major to Milan.

Summer gave way to fall and Dorian was feeling homesick so he returned to England and his castle in North Downs. Physically, all his wounds had healed and the only reminders of his ordeal were two small scars on his back that were too deep for the surgeon to remove all at once. Psychologically, he was making progress under the care of the counselor whom he now commuted to twice a week, but he still suffered from depression and feelings of guilt, not to mention difficulties with intimacy. The counselor had prescribed a mild sedative to help him handle the panic attacks and an anti-depressant for his frequent mood swings.

Although Klaus was the only man he was even considering sharing his body with, he was having trouble allowing Mr. James to perform tasks the accountant had always done such as washing his back in the bath or assisting him with his clothing. He also went through periods when he loathed anyone to touch him, and he would even fly into fits of rage if his privacy was violated, which frightened his staff to no end because their lord rarely got seriously angry. It was during one of his longer periods of blackness and depression that Klaus had shown up on the front step.

As it turned out, a member of his staff had called the Major, but Klaus never told him which one of his men it was. After not seeing Klaus for almost three months, he should have been ecstatic, but he had not been. He was feeling unloved and abandoned because the German hadn't called in so long, and he was sure that the Major had decided that he was truly repulsive and ugly.

They had ended up having their first real fight, screaming at each other through the halls of the castle, scattering the staff. This time instead of him pushing Klaus' buttons, Klaus was going after his with a vengeance, and he had retaliated in kind. Hateful things spilled forth from his lips, ugly words to offset the blackness inside him, and he had the unique pleasure of shocking Klaus speechless with his barbed tongue. Finally Klaus had slapped him hard enough to send him crashing to the marble floor of the room they were fighting in, then drawn his gun.

In the stand off that followed, he had raised himself to his knees and offered himself up for slaughter. When Klaus hesitated, he had taunted him to do it, fully convinced that he wanted to die. As his house staff watched in horror, Klaus had released the safety on his .44. Their eyes met and he saw the wounded hatred in the Major's green eyes. The finger on the trigger twitched and he closed his eyes, then Klaus gave a strangled snarl and a vase several feet behind his head shattered.

Opening his eyes, realizing that he was still alive and whole, he had looked at the black-haired man standing defeated in the center of the room. Klaus was breathing hard, his hand still holding the smoking gun, his eyes wide with shock and horror. The gun fell from the Major's fingers and clattered hollowly on the hard floor as he continued to stare at what he had almost done. Dorian had met his gaze until the Major tore it away, turning sharply, reaching down to grab his gun, and walking stiffly out. The Earl heard the slam of the door echo throughout the whole castle, and the sound shook him out of his shock. Heartsick and broken like the vase behind him, the Earl of Gloria had curled his body up onto the floor and sobbed.

His house staff had tried to console him, but he sent them away, threatening some of them with instant dismissal if they did not obey. They reluctantly left him to himself and he had wept wretchedly, still lying in a ball on the cold marble. He cried until he could cry no more, shivering, weak and dizzy from his sobs, then he had shakily uncurled himself and opened his eyes. His gaze fell on the remains of the vase, its porcelain shards glinting at him.

A thought came through his muddled, grief-stricken mind and he had crawled towards the broken pieces. Still sniffling he had sifted through the shards until he found one he thought was big enough and sharp enough. He picked it up in his right hand and raised the pointed end to his left wrist. Before he could slice, however, a hand had grabbed his wrist while another forcibly slapped the shard from his grasp. He was yanked up and whirled around to face an enraged Klaus. Then he was dragged to a convenient chair and draped over the Major's knee. Six punishing slaps were delivered in quick succession to his exposed backside as Klaus roared at him. He had shrieked, squirming, trying to get away from the stinging pain, clawing at Klaus's arm until he was turned over in the Major's lap, strong hands gripping both his arms, and he was shaken as the German growled in his face.

He had lost it, flying into hysterics, flailing and screaming until Klaus wrapped him up in a powerful hug that squelched his struggles. He had writhed ineffectually, locked in that iron embrace until he yielded. Fresh tears found their way out of his eyes and he wept again, reaching out to hold onto Klaus like a lifeline thrown to a drowning man. Gasping for breath, crushed by the Major's arms, he had weakly pushed back to look at Klaus' face. Their eyes met and he saw the silent tears running down the Major's cheeks. The sight of the strong man crying had stunned him into stillness, and he raised a disbelieving hand to the cold wetness. Klaus had let out a groan and his head was drawn forward, his lips trapped into a savage kiss.

Their first time was not the slow, sweet seduction Dorian had planned, the tender wooing of this powerful, beautiful man, but a frantic coupling borne of grief and desperate need on the floor of a wrecked room. Klaus had thrown them both to the marble, his hands everywhere at the same time, and he had given himself over willingly. Clothing was ripped or pushed aside in an attempt to get to bare skin, and they kissed brutally, grinding against each other, clawing and drawing blood until Dorian stiffened and came, whimpering into Klaus' mouth. The Major had followed suit shortly thereafter, climaxing silently with a shudder.

In the aftermath they had laid sprawled on the floor, bruised and bloodied, clothing ripped and in disarray, until they had caught their breath. Then Klaus had looked at him with such heartbroken love that more tears started to fall, and they had clung to each other, crying softly, shivering.

When they both fell silent, Klaus had gathered him up into his arms and carried him to his bedchamber. There he was undressed and slipped into a warm night shift that covered him to his knees, and placed into his bed. He had watched as the Major shyly removed his own clothes, wiping away the evidence of his passion with what was left of his shirt, and donned a pair of his more conventional pajamas. He had opened his arms and his mouth to receive his lover as Klaus climbed into the bed, and they had held each other tight until they had both fallen asleep. In the morning, he had flushed his medication down the loo, cancelled all further appointments with his counselor and let Klaus be his therapy.

What could have been a disaster had turned out to be the smartest decision of his life. From that day on, Klaus had wooed him just as he had wooed Klaus, bathing him in love and care. For a man as cold and hard as Major von Eberbach, he was surprisingly passionate, and Dorian had used that to his advantage. He found healing and pleasure in drawing the military man out of himself, and in teaching him the ways of sensual loving. Klaus was an apt pupil, sensitive and creative when given enough incentive, and Dorian relished in giving him plenty of incentive.

Their love affair had escalated as their feelings for each other deepened, and now they came together whenever their schedules permitted. Twice he had gone to Bonn to be with Klaus for brief stays between missions. On the second trip, Klaus had given him the Man in Purple, and he had hung it in his bedchamber where it remained. Three times they had met in various countries where their paths had crossed, and last night Klaus had returned to be with him in the castle in North Downs.

Now Klaus was in his bed on this warm Spring morning, the anniversary of his abduction and attack, and he was feeling much better than he thought he would. In fact, he was feeling rather adventurous and he wondered if he could get Klaus to play along. Although their lovemaking was wonderful and getting better every time, there were still some things he hesitated to do. but he was feeling brave and he wanted to try to chase away some ghosts. He looked out the window to the brilliant sunshine and smiled.

‘It's Spring, the time of new beginning, and new life. Today I will begin anew and leave the old pain behind.’

Decision made, he smiled wryly to himself and rose up on his arms to gaze down at his sleeping lover. As he did so, his hair, which was now past his shoulders, cascaded down and fell into his face. He swept it back with one hand and prepared to partake in the feast before him. He began by nibbling and kissing the Major's soft lips, and licking at his ear while his hands caressed the muscled chest and sensitive nipples. He heard Klaus moan and come awake with a deep breath.

"Good morning, darling," he cooed, sucking on one tender earlobe.

His lover growled lowly and snorted. "Don't slobber all over my face, you pervert."

"Oooo, grouchy this morning are we lover? Shall I slobber all over another part of your body?" he teased, lifting up and moving slightly down to Klaus' chest. "This part, perhaps?"

He took one pert bud into his mouth and sucked as Klaus gasped. He pulled away before the Major could tangle his fingers in his hair.

"Mmmm, that was so yummy, but I know a part of you that's yummier still, and loves my slobber."

Cognizance reached the Major as Dorian burrowed under the covers and he tensed.

"Dor..."

He was cut off as the Earl deep-throated him in one swallow. Any protests he might have had went out the window with his brain as the deliciously hot mouth sucked him into oblivion.

Dorian wasted no time. He wanted Klaus willing and mellow, and the best way to do that was post-coitally. Ignoring his lover's protests, he set on bringing Klaus to orgasm as quickly as possible. The organ in his mouth throbbed and swelled as Klaus carded fingers into his hair and began thrusting upwards. He could feel Klaus digging his heels into the mattress, bracing himself, and spreading his legs. He took one hand and fondled the heavy balls expertly, and smiled as he heard Klaus give a strangled cry. The man's moans were music to his ears. Sucking hard, he scraped his teeth along the underside of the organ, right over the thick penile vein, and tasted pre-ejaculate. The Major was close and getting closer. He picked up his pace, using his lips and tongue to drive his lover into a frenzy, until he felt the familiar shudder and his lover grow still right before his mouth was flooded with bittersweet, salty fluid. Klaus made no sound when he climaxed, he never did. Dorian on the other hand, made enough noise for both of them. It was a running joke between them.

Smug and happy, Eroica licked the softening organ once more and kissed its tip before climbing atop his breathless lover and gifting him with a kiss that reached his tonsils.

"Mmmmmm," he purred, sitting up, his hands spread on Klaus' chest. "Feeling better lover?"

"You'll be the death of me yet."

"Yes, but you love me anyway."

Green eyes smiled up at him as Klaus reached up to draw him down for another kiss. "Of course."

He sighed, giving in to the demanding kiss of his military lover.

"Now, want to tell me what that was all about?" the Major asked. "You didn't even let me reciprocate."

He stroked Dorian's burgeoning erection, but the Earl drew his hand away.

"Not yet."

Klaus knew that gleam in his lover's eye. "You have something in mind."

Dorian nodded. "I want to try... something new."

"What is that?"

"I want you to make love to me," he said, looking away.

Klaus smiled. "We already do that."

"No... I meant... I want to try taking you inside me."

The Major was silent for a long time and Dorian could not meet his eyes.

"Does it repulse you?" the Earl asked.

"It should, but it doesn't. Are you sure you are ready for it?"

"It's... the last thing..." He took a deep breath. "It's the only thing we haven't done since... It's been a year and I don't want those bastards to have any hold on me. If I can do this, I know I can let go of them forever and love you freely and completely, with all that I am."

Klaus' hands covered his own, commanding his attention. "You already do that. You don't have to do this."

"Klaus..." He struggled for words. "Yes, I do. I want to wash their taint from my body and liberate myself from their memory. I want to cover it with you, bathe myself in you so that you are all I know and all I remember."

"More foppish words," the Major teased.

Dorian chuckled. "You always say that when I wax poetic."

"That's because you English queers take forever to say what could have been said in one or two words."

"Oh? And how would you oh-so-straight Germans say it?"

"You want to be free."

Dorian smiled. "Yes. I want to be free of them. Will you help me? Will you be the wind in my sails?"

"You know I would do anything for you."

"Then will you do this for me?"

"What do you want me to do?"

The Earl stroked Klaus' strong jaw and smiled lovingly at him. "I just need you to let me do everything at first. Let me take control. That way I won't feel pressured and if I can't do it, then I'll know to stop."

The Major looked levelly at him, then nodded slowly. "All right."

Eroica gave him a happy grin then scrambled off the bed to get something from his dresser. He returned carrying a tube of lubricant and two condoms.

"I know we're both clean, darling," the art thief said, getting back onto the bed. "But you can still get a urinary infection if we do it without a rubber."

Klaus frowned. "That would be very unpleasant."

Dorian giggled. "Not to mention one hell of a damper on our sex life!" He stroked Klaus' chest with open palms. "No... I want to take care of you. I have a vested interest in your continued good health and virility."

"Of course you do."

"Mmmm, my lover. You're so beautiful, so strong. I love your body. Even more I love your body when I'm touching it."

He leaned down to capture Klaus' mouth in an incinerating kiss that left them both gasping for breath.

"Klaus?"

"Mm?"

"Do you want me?" he asked in his bedroom voice.

"If you want me."

"That's not what I asked."

"I don't know if I want you, Dorian. I've never done it that way before. I've always thought it disgusting. I don't know if I will like it much."

"You know what it's like to make love to a woman?"

"Of course."

"Then I guarantee you that I will be hotter and tighter than any woman you have ever had. I'll give you so much pleasure that you'll never look at a woman again," the Earl promised.

"Corrupting me into a queer like you?"

"No. Not like me. Never like me. You will always be yourself, my love, that's what I love most about you."

He stretched out next to the Major and took his hand.

"Here, help me get myself ready for you."

Cool gel was spread on Klaus' finger and then guided to the Earl's tight opening. Under Dorian's instruction and coaxing, he pried at the tender muscle and slid one finger into the Earl's body. Dorian groaned.

"Does it hurt?" Klaus asked, having never heard that particular groan from his lover.

"No. It feels so good. It's been so long. God, I've missed this."

Dorian slicked gel on his own hand and reached between his legs from behind, sliding a finger in next to Klaus'. He arched his back and moaned at the sensations as he directed Klaus to move the finger inside of him in counter-time to his own, loosening the sphincter muscle until it could accommodate another finger. Sighing, he guided Klaus to slip a second finger inside him, making it a total of three moving within him in slow circles.

"Oh God, Klaus..."

"Are you all right?"

"God, yes..."

With his free hand, he grasped Klaus' cock and worked it, coaxing it to erection. It took a while since the organ had already been spent earlier and also because Dorian suspected that Klaus was not 100% convinced he wanted to do this. He began moaning and writhing in an attempt to entice his lover. He knew Klaus loved his little sounds of pleasure. His mewling moans could drive the larger man insane with want. Sure enough, the organ in his hand responded to his love noises, and stirred to life.

"Oh Klaus. I want you. I want you so badly. I want to do it so badly," he crooned, working himself on the fingers inside him. He could feel the ring of muscle stretching and loosening with each wiggle, and worked in a fourth finger from his own hand. Then he lay back, stroking Klaus' cock with one hand while two of his fingers from the other thrust gently alongside the two of Klaus' that pressed deep inside him.

Finally, after nearly ten minutes of this gentle preparation, he sat up, making the fingers slip out of him, and straddled his lover. Capable hands ripped open one of the condom packets and slid the latex over Klaus' straining cock. It throbbed in his hand and his own need throbbed in sympathy as he spread lubricant on the latexed organ. Biting his lip, he raised up on his knees and positioned the tip of Klaus' erection at the entrance of his opening. Then he slowly lowered himself down.

He heard Klaus gasp when the head popped through the muscle and smiled.

"Dorian..."

"Shhhhh..."

He took Klaus' hands and prevented him from placing them on his hips as he took a deep breath and bore down, taking the first two inches inside.

"Ahh," he hissed, letting himself get used to the bulk.

"Ok?" Klaus managed.

"Oh yeah, very ok. Just... been a long time."

After a moment, he breathed in again and took in more of Klaus' length on the exhale. His anal muscles stretched to take in the bigger intruder, and he stopped again to allow his body to adjust.

"How you doing?" he asked his lover, sweating from his efforts and hungry for more.

"You're...so...tight."

Dorian laughed and breathed in, "Don't lose it now. Hold on until you're all the way inside me."

He exhaled and took in two more inches. Klaus was shaking like a leaf underneath him, but remaining steady.

"All...most... there," he announced, making the final push down until his rump came to rest on Klaus' hips.

Opening his eyes, he saw stars, and he was nearly dizzy from the pleasure and triumph. He had done it. Klaus was completely buried within him. Nearly crowing, he rocked forward, still holding Klaus' hands and began to move.

"Ungh," he grunted, lifting up slowly and coming back down, impaling himself all over again. "Oh. Oh, yes. Oh Klaus."

Klaus was rigid, his eyes wide with surprise as Dorian rode him. He looked so traumatized that Dorian had to laugh.

"Oh doesn't it feel good, my darling," he soothed. "You feel so good. Oh I've waited so long for this. I've wanted you so badly. Oh, yes. Klaus. You're perfect. You're not too big or too long. You fit perfectly inside of me. You were made for me, or I was made for you. Oh Klaus, you're wonderful."

On the next downstroke, the organ inside him bumped his prostate and he cried out in sudden pleasure.

"What is that?!" Klaus blurted, feeling the walls around his cock spasm.

"Prostate. My little love button. God, no one's ever hit it so directly on target before. Oh, oh God, Klaus, thrust up just a little bit," he answered.

Klaus gave a little buck with his hips, driving upwards into him and he shuddered as his prostate was bumped again.

"Oh yes, just like that!"

They found a rhythm quickly, Dorian doing most of the work while Klaus made little stabs with his hips, hitting the Earl's little nub on each stroke. The thief tossed his head and closed his eyes, groaning as he moved towards completion, keeping up a breathless litany of encouragement.

"Oh, oh yes. Ah. Klaus. Yes, just like that. Oh, oh no, don't stop. Oh Klaus. I love you. Yes. Yes. Yes yes. Yes yes yes yes yes yes. AH! Klaus!"

He released Klaus's hands and moved to stroke his own straining erection, feeling the molten heat building in his loins, stroking in time with his lover's thrusts inside him. One of the Major's hands gripped his hip while the other closed over his on his cock, and together they worked the swollen organ until Dorian was sobbing from the dual pleasure.

"Klaus! Oh Klaus, I... I'm coming!"

It was all the warning he could give his lover as orgasm hit him full force, making him spurt semen onto the flat stomach beneath him. He was still dizzy from the climax when he felt Klaus give one last mighty thrust upwards and heard him let out a choked cry as his own orgasm was milked from him.

They stilled, quivering in the afterglow, Dorian still straddling his lover until he tipped forward. He slumped onto Klaus' chest, panting and exhausted, but deliriously happy.

"I love you, Klaus. Thank you."

Klaus' arms came around him, holding him until they both caught their breath.

"Dorian."

The organ slid out of him with a soft pop as it deflated and he felt a profound sense of loss. Slowly, he peeled himself off Klaus in order to clean up and remove the condom. He threw it and the wad of tissues he'd used to wipe them off with, into the trash, and crawled back into bed. Klaus welcomed his weight as he came to rest on top of him, their groins aligned, soft organs tucked against each other.

"Did you like it?" he asked timidly, trying to stave off sleep.

"Don't say unnecessary things..."

He chuckled. "Love you."

"Love you too."

He sighed happily and snuggled close as Klaus drew the bedcovers over their sweaty bodies. Sleep claimed the both of them moments later.

It was mid-afternoon when Peters awakened them.

"Telephone call from Bonn for Herr Eberbach, m'lord."

Normally Mr. James would be the one to bring him such news, but the accountant was having a hard time coming to terms with his lord's love affair, and could not abide seeing the two of them in bed. Besides, Klaus still didn't like him very much.

"Should I answer it, darling?"

"No. 'S on call forwarding. Chief thinks I'm in Munich," a sleepy Klaus answered as he came fully awake. He reached for the phone next to the bed, the one with the ringer turned off so they would not be disturbed. "'S me. Oh, 's you. Yes, of course. No. Yes. I see. When? I see. All right. I'll receive further instructions when I meet the contact? Yes. Very well. Yes. I understand. Good-bye." He hung up the phone. "Fatso queer."

Dorian put on his best pout. "That was your chief and he's sending you on a mission."

The Major looked guiltily at him. "Yes. He says he's sorry he has to interrupt my vacation but he needs me to go to Luxembourg."

"Luxembourg? Whatever for? Luxembourg is so... so... not there."

Klaus shrugged and lay back down, coaxing the disappointed Earl back into his arms. "I'll find out when I get there."

"When do you have to go?"

"Tomorrow."

Dorian sighed. "Well, at least we have the rest of the day. You don't have to come and run."

Klaus snorted. "Must you always say such vulgar things?"

"It's all part of my charm, darling."

"It's a part I could do without."

The Earl looked at his lover. "Would you have me change for you?"

"No. Never. I love you just the way you are."

He was graced with one of Dorian's wide, bright smiles. "Thank you, darling."

"No more ghosts?"

The Earl shook his head. "Not at the moment. I am sure they'll come back every now and then, but they have no power over me anymore."

He drew Dorian's head to his chest and held him. "I'm glad."

"You think your Chief suspects that we're... you know?"

"Don't know and don't care."

"Really?"

"Really."

Dorian traced a random pattern on his lover's chest with his finger. "You know... I seem to recall that Luxembourg has a gallery or two with some Rembrandts and Van Goghs that I wouldn't mind having."

"Is that so?" Klaus said, a hint if amusement creeping into his voice.

"Yes. Soooo... I may be going to Luxembourg too. Wouldn't it be fine if we were to run into each other?"

"It might."

"All right. Say... at Cafe Stiffchen in the Luxembourg City Inter-Continental at 20:00 on Saturday?"

"It's a date."

Dorian happily kissed Klaus' chin. "Oh, I just love not interfering with your missions, darling. I'll get a suite in the hotel and we can have such fun not interfering with each other."

"Remember I'll be working you lewd queer."

"Yes yes, of course. But remember all work and no play makes Klaus a very sexually frustrated boy."

"Shut up."

"Are you going to make me? I can think of one or two things I could be doing with my mouth instead of talking, but I think you're too worn out for either of them."

"Idiot."

"Only for you," he cooed, kissing him. "Love you, darling. Hungry?"

"Yes."

"I'll have Peters make up a tray. Shower?"

"Definitely."

"All right then."

Dorian clicked the intercom to the kitchen and ordered a sandwich tray, then he slipped out of bed, not bothering to put on a robe, and floated towards his bath. Klaus watched him. The sunlight caught the Earl's blond hair, halloing it in gilded gold and for a moment he looked like an angel come down to earth. The sight made him remember the policeman and his long-haired partner, and he wondered if the Earl was an angel or a devil in disguise. He thought about it for a moment before coming to a conclusion.

"Klaus, darling, are you going to join me or not?" Dorian's light voice called from the bath. "Or are you afraid I'll rape you in the shower? Might be fun!"

Grinning, he breathed deep and got out of bed to follow his very own Hell's Angel into the bathroom.

FINIS