- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The World of Storm Winds is mine. The current characters however are borrowed from the creators of Gundam Wing and From Eroica With Love. Previous parts of this series can be found at my website along with notes about this place. The story takes place on 'The Continent' whereas the other tales are taking place on the islands and the ocean. Expect mention of coming battles and other

Fandom: Storm Winds, Eroica, Gundam Wing
Pairings: 3x2, 5x13x6, 1x4, KxD...
Warnings: Magic and Mayhem Ahead! Eventual smut, four letter words, angst, death, betrayal, and yes even love. ^_^
Additional Notes: destier -- A European war horse of immense power and size. Most often stallions were used in combat for their aggressive nature. They were raised by the one that would ride them in combat and almost never accepted another rider.

PROLOGUE:
A PALADIN FALLEN

The fire in his eyes was the only sign of his rage. He did not flinch as the symbol of his rank was torn from him. He did not look away as his golden spurs were stripped from his possession. He was only grateful his father had not lived to see this day.

He turned and strode away from the men he had rode along side. Men he had fought for and with. The company had betrayed him, taking lies as truth. And in doing so, they had lost their best warrior. He was no longer a knight, no longer a hero in the eyes of his comrades.

"Sir..." The soft voice of one of the few that stood by him caught his attention. His green gaze fell upon the young squire he saved at the battle of Darkshire.

"We know the truth sir, we will see this set right."

"Do not bother squire, for it will only see to the end of your dreams. Let them keep their 'honor'," He spat the word.

"Those whom I call brother know I would not commit such an act. They shall always have my aid."

"Godspeed sir."

He gave the boy a nod and mounted the gray destier that he had raised from a mere colt. The massive warhorse snorted angrily and pawed the ground, as though sensing his master's rage.

"Come Balista, we are finished here."

The young man, the fallen paladin, rode away from the Company of Light. He was no longer one of them, no longer a knight... Now he was once more Klaus, son of Heinz, heir of a small pocket of lands. He was doing what one would think impossible of him.

Returning home in disgrace.


PROLOGUE:
A THIEF IN THE MAKING

The young master of the house could only look on in horror. His mother had finally accomplished her goals. His father lay dying in a duel over her honor. Honor... She had none!

He had acted as his father's second, and watched the elder lord fall. His eyes were unseeing as the healer pronounced his father dead. He walked onto the field of honor and retrieved his father's blade. The other man, a Chieftain, stepped forward.

"I am sorry for your loss. I would that this had never happened."

"It never would have happened if you had stayed away from my slut of a mother," the boy hissed, "You wanted her so badly, take her! I never wish to lay eyes on that faithless creature again!"

"Son!"

He turned to face the woman who had given him life, and nothing more. Whenever he'd been sick, or hungry, she was off. Gone to visit friends, or busy at court. Well he would have nothing more to do with her.

"A nunnery or your lover woman. I am not your son."

"I am your mother..."

"And I am now lord of this Keep. A Keep you have impoverished with your thoughtless demands and countless trips to Court! Now leave this Hold before I have you cast out!" His blue eyes held the icy rage of the betrayed. He could hear the nattering of the village priest, something about 'honoring thy mother'...

"Think you I do not know whose bed she has lain? You too are welcome to join her on her journey. In fact I insist. I will alert the church that we need another 'Man of God', for I will tolerate no more from either of you. Now Begone!"

The folk of the Keep rallied about their young lord. They were the ones that raised the lad from birth when his father was gone. They owed the widow no compassion. Under the contained rage of her former people, the last mistress of Luminous Keep rode out. Never to return.

The young lord, now the Earl of Luminous Keep strode up the steps to prepare for his father's burial service. They had kept to the old ways in secret and he would honor those wishes. It would take little time for the pyre to be built, or for the druid to come to say the words.

No his great trial would be the coming months. Winter was nearing and he did not have the means to protect and feed his people. Well, he had two choices, and he was lousy with a weapon, so tournaments were a bad idea.

No he would fall back on the very skills that had once funded the creation of this very keep. He would become a thief, stealing from those so wealthy that no harm would befall their loss. He would keep his people sound and together.

And if that made him a disgrace, so be it.


A world of Magic
A Legacy Lost
A Fallen Paladin
A Heroic Thief
A Courageous Child

They are all that stands between the world and Evil.... They needed Heroes... They got something else instead!


THE LEGACY OF THE THREE
THE STORM WINDS WORLD TALES
A SYX MAXWELL PRODUCTION